Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd
- This document outlines the terms and conditions, refunds and returns policies of Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd which includes our mid-week or weekend camping getaways, bus day tours and walking day tours. Due to the increase and risk of the coronavirus we have included an important update contained in this document.
Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd weekend or mid-week camping:
- A maximum of 10 tents will exist on our campground
- There is a separate tent provided for staff accommodation. We remain on the same site as all guests.
- The cost for the weekend is $895 per adult and $395 per child inclusive of GST although this price can be discounted. A client will pay the advertised prices that is on our website at the time of booking.
- A child is deemed to be up to and including 12 years of age
- A person 13 years or above will be charged at the adult rate.
- A minimum of one adult must be in attendance where there are guests under the age of 18.
- Your single price includes all meals. Meals we will provide are Breakfast both mornings, lunch both days and dinner on both nights, bush-walking tours, National Park entry, transport from nominated pick up points that will be advertised on our website. Additional charge applies if customers wish to be picked up from a residential address. This additional charge is advised at the time of your online booking. All additional activities that form part of the Great Camping Adventures itinerary will be included in your one-off cost unless otherwise clearly stated on this website.
- All meals are prepared and provided using an accredited catering firm with New South Wales safe food handling certificates.
- All payments for Great Camping Adventure weekends or other nominated camping trips are to be paid online and in full using our secure online credit card facility or your payment may be processed via one of our team over the phone. Any additional payment required such as a request from a customer to collect them from their private residence will also be charged in advance using our secure credit card facilities over the phone.
- If customers wish to purchase any Great Camping Adventures merchandise this will be via cash or we can process your transaction by using our mobile credit card facility.
- All required equipment will be supplied by Great Camping Adventures to include but not limited to tent, stretcher beds including mattress and chairs, sleeping bags, pillows, utensils, camp showers.
- Sleeping bags are professionally cleaned following each camping weekend however if the client can, we recommend you provide your own sleeping bag.
- We will provide pillows however if the client can, we recommend you provide your own pillow.
- Minimum per tent is 1 person.
- Maximum per tent is 4 people requiring a minimum of one adult.
- Tent configuration can be made up of any combination providing there is at least one adult per tent.
- Guests will not be placed in a tent with a person unknown to them.
- Great Camping Adventure weekends commence at 3pm on Friday and conclude at 3pm on Sunday. These times are subject to change.
- Specific times on itinerary once weekend has commenced may change due to sunrise and sunsets, weather and unforeseen circumstances.
- Customers are collected at either the Glenbrook Railway Station car park, the Glenbrook tourism centre on the Great Western Highway, Glenbrook, your nominated hotel or your home. You are to only acknowledge an officially dressed and identified member of our team who will have identification displayed by way of photo identification and uniform.
- No Child Minding is available for the weekend. All cars are left in public car places at the risk and responsibility of the vehicle owner. Great Camping Adventures takes no responsibility for damage to your vehicle
- Great Camping Adventures is a registered business and is covered by Public Liability number 72A005030 PLB through QBE insurance limited.
- Whilst all guests are covered under the Great Camping Adventures public liability policy it is a condition of our policy to advise all guests on arrival that camping can have risks such as spider bites, snake bites and other injuries.
- All guests will receive a safety briefing on arrival for the weekend.
- Great Camping Adventures will only contact guests to confirm and accommodate special dietary requests as noted during your registration and booking.
- Great Camping Adventures will have on-site for the entire weekend a certified first aid certificate holder. All team leaders and guides will be first aid trained and certified.
- We are governed by the NSW Rural Fire Service announcement with regards to Total Fire Bans. If a Total Fire Ban is declared there will be no campfire. Entertainment will be provided on both Friday and Saturday nights, this is subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances. The Great Camping Adventure public liability commences from the moment you are welcomed by the Great Camping Adventure team, this may be but not limited to collection from hotel, greetings at Glenbrook station or tourism office, your home, until such time that you have been returned safely to your nominated location on the Sunday afternoon.
Our refund and returns policy for camping weekends, bus day tours and day walking tours as set out below.
- If the customer cancels more than 90 days from the camping weekend or mid week camping trip a full refund will be applied.
- If the customer cancels between 60 and 90 days from the camping weekend or mid week camping trip a 50% refund will be applied.
- If the customer cancels within 60-days of the camping weekend or mid week camping trip no refund will be given.
- In the case of death of a customer or extreme circumstances relating to that customer having to not attend or cancel the camping trip, either the customer or the family may apply to the Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd management team and they may apply a % refund however this will be at the discretion of the Great Camping Adventure management team. We recommend you take travel insurance to cover you for unforeseen circumstances.
- If the weekend is postponed due to an act of god or extreme weather event, a full refund will be offered to the customer or they can choose to transfer to a newly nominated weekend or mid week camping trip.
- If refunds are offered and accepted due to the above that full refund will be placed in the customers nominated bank account facility within 72 hours from the date of advice.
- An act of god and/or extreme weather event includes but not limited to flood, heavy rain that may cause flood, fire, fire that may be imminent in the National Park, extreme heat that causes the NSW Rural Fire Service to announce a Total Fire Ban and due to that announcement, the Government closes all national parks as a precautionary measure, earthquake or tremor, high winds that may deem the National park unsafe for participants. If Great Camping Adventures cancels the weekend for reasons not including an act of god or an extreme weather event a full refund will be given and that refund transferred to the customers banking facility within 72 hours.
Blue Mountains day trips
- Great Camping Adventures owns and operates the following three websites. www.bluemountainstours.com.au or www.bluemountainswalkingtours.com.au or www.greatcampingadventures.com.au you the customer agrees that the following terms and conditions shall apply:
- By using our online secure gateway you agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not continue with your online booking. In all cases the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all the other person(s) named in the booking and who partake in the booked tour(s).
- Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd through the information on our website aims to publish the most accurate, up-to-date information possible regarding costs, dates and times of the tours listed: this information is subject to change. Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd and its websites will always have up to the minute and current rates for their camping trips, bus tours and walking tours. Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd employs all staff and contractors to perform the duties we require. A representative from Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd will be on hand always on our camping weekends, bus tours and walking tours unless in the case of our daily bus tours and guests are given free time to visit local shops in the Blue Mountains.
Fees and Charges
- The Customer agrees to pay Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd the businesses advertised price be that on www.greatcampingadventures.com.au www.bluemountainstours.com.au or www.bluemountainswalkingtours.com.au or any other website owned and operated by Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd. An additional fee on the advertised price will apply if a customer is choosing to book via credit card. An additional fee of 1.7% will apply.
Tour Operators Conditions
- The Customer agrees to abide by all terms, conditions and directions of Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd in respect of the camping weekends, day bus tours and/or but not limited to walking tours.
- All matters regarding the conduct of the Tour such as safety, use of equipment, clothing, etc. The customer will always remain courteous to other passengers, apply the very best practice as possible regarding their own personal safety and those they are travelling with and to remain tastefully clothed at all times.
- Payment for the Tour — the Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Price charged by Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd for but not limited to the weekend camping trips, the Blue Mountains day trip and/or the Blue Mountains walking tours may be subject to change and Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd gives no warranty regarding the accuracy of the current advertised prices. Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd will endeavor to abide by and acknowledge our current advertised prices
- Cancellation Fees — our policy for weekend camping or mid weekend camping trips is stated above. If the Customer cancels or changes a booking for the day bus tours or the day walking tours, then the Customer agrees to abide by any cancellation or alteration policy of Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd. The cancellation policy with regards to our camping weekends or mid week camping trips is previously advised in this document, with regards to but not limited to, no refund will apply if a customer fails to turn up on the day of a day bus tour or walking tour or cancels within 72 hours prior to the commencement of the bus day tour or walking tour.
- If a customer cancels outside the 72 hour deadline they must notify us in writing email@example.com as to the intent to cancel and a refund will be arranged.
Age and identity of Customer. Cancellations, Amendments and Refunds
- Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd will not accept any bookings from the Customer unless the Customer is at least 18 years of age. The Customer warrants and assures Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd that they are at least 18 years of age.
- The Customer will be required by Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd to provide ID at check-in to ensure that their identity matches the booking identity. The customer will also be required by Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd to sign the booking confirmation on arrival.
- In some rare cases a day bus tour or walking day tour may require cancellation due to accident, sickness, severe weather. If this occurs a full refund will be offered or an alternate date scheduled. Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive notice of a significant change to a tour, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking.
- Bad Weather — If the bus day tour or walking day tour you have booked is unable to proceed because of bad weather, it may be rescheduled. You the Customer will be advised prior to this date and time of travel. The Tour Operator will do everything possible to reschedule the Tour to a date and time suitable to you the Customer. If the rescheduled date is not suitable you may be entitled to a refund.
- All refunds are less bank fees.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable nor can be transferred for cash.
- A customer has 2 years to use their gift voucher.
- Great Camping Adventures Pty ltd has public liability through QBE insurance which covers all aspects of our business, this should not prevent you from having your own personal insurance or travel insurance whilst attending an event that is being run by Great Camping Adventures Pty Ltd or any other business.
Coronavirus updated 1st of March, 2020
This Coronavirus document is available to all people considering travelling on our Blue Mountains Day Tour including agents and hotels. This document is publicly available. Our source is the Federal Government of Australia.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus are a large family of viruses that cause illness from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Initial human infections of the novel type of coronaviruses were acquired from exposure to animals at a live animal market in Wuhan. On the 20th of January 2020, Chinese authorities confirmed the novel coronavirus is now spreading person-to-person. It remains unknown how easily the virus spreads from person-to-person, however several countries have now confirmed sustained or limited person-to-person transmission.
The disease caused by the novel coronavirus has been named COVID-19 by the World Health Organisation.
Common symptoms of the disease include a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Severe cases can cause pneumonia, and even death.
Before you travel
- Talk to your doctor before travelling with young children, babies or an elderly person; if you’re pregnant; if you have a weak immune system or have a chronic medical condition.
- If your Doctor advises against travel, please contact our business immediately and advise that you will no longer be travelling, and a full refund will be issued. Our contact is firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on our booking mobile which is +61 414 011 252
- Check with your travel agent, airline, cruise operator, accommodation provider and travel insurance provider to consider your options before departing your country in the rare case that you don’t continue your travel, or you are impacted by the Coronavirus.
While you are in Australia and more importantly on our day tour, we have the following processes in place.
To minimise your risk of exposure:
- Always practice good hygiene to protect against infections. Good hygiene includes:
- washing your hands often with soap and water
- using a tissue and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- avoiding close contact with others, particularly if they are unwell
- If you develop symptoms (fever, a cough, sore throat, tiredness or shortness of breath), arrange to see a doctor for an urgent assessment. You need to isolate yourself to prevent it spreading to other people.
- You don’t need to wear a face mask if you’re well. Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who are infected with coronavirus from spreading it to others. However, if you are travelling in an affected country, you must follow the advice of local authorities.
Policies of our Blue Mountains Day Tour:
- At all times we have available on-board tissues for all guests. If you require tissues, please see your driver/guide. These are available on entering the vehicle.
- At all times we have hand sanitizer on our tour. This is available both on the bus and at breakfast. We strongly urge our guests to use this hand sanitizer before and after breakfast and when entering the bus on each occasion to minimise risk.
- Our bus at the end of each day is cleaned and all areas of contact are wiped down by our drivers in readiness for the following day.
- We treat this very seriously as your property is crucial to your remaining time as a tourist. On arrival and at commencement a detailed log and diary will be collated from your guide as to your belongings. Your guide will ask you at various points to confirm you still have your personal items. This will minimise property being lost or stolen. Each customer will fill in paperwork detailing these items, your drive/guide will sight these belongings and co-sign the document with you.